*******Certified Construction Management needed in Baton Rouge*******
A good combination of work experience and education is required for this job. Employers want someone with a background in the construction field, including years as a contractor, carpenter, mason, or other. Employers also look for someone with a bachelor's degree in a construction related field, such as construction science, architecture, construction engineering, or similar. There are also some 2-year degrees that might suffice for some employers.
Certification is available and becoming more important for employers. It is available through the Construction Management Association of America and the American Institute of Constructors.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Analytical Skills: Construction managers must be good at planning for large-scale, multi-step projects.
- Decision Making: Construction managers must make lots of decisions, such as picking subcontractors, materials, paints, and more.
- Management Skills: As the boss on site, construction managers must lead their teams, and keep them motivated and focused on the job.
- Communication: Good writing and speaking skills are needed by construction managers when communicating with employees, writing proposals, subcontractors, procuring materials and dealing with clients.
- Technical Skills: Construction managers must know construction methodologies, read blueprints and understand other technical aspects of construction.
- Time-Management: Deadlines are crucial in construction. Making sure that everything is on time and moving smoothly is a critical part of the job.