High school diploma, GED, or equivalent certification; work experience in the customer service or the health care industry; experience in typing or data entry; and experience handling sensitive and confidential inquiries; good interpersonal and communication skills; ability to quickly learn accurate factual information that will be conveyed; ability to use multiple computer systems to access and input data; ability to work with special needs populations; ability to act professionally and responsibly in stressful or unpleasant situations; ability to follow directions; knowledge of the community to be served; excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills; ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment; and ability to work as a team member, as well as independently.
- Provides customer service by managing customer calls, obtaining information from providers, and assessing needs.
- Evaluates information received through a phone contact, asks appropriate follow-up questions, solicits additional information, and evaluates the potential impact of the information provided.
- Contacts providers through various channels to obtain or follow-up on consumer information.
- Maintains updated knowledge of all appropriate provider enrollment and credentialing rules and regulations
- Accesses automated systems, updates screens, processes information, enters notes in various systems, communicates with State and Department staff when necessary and prepares and generates appropriate documents.
- Works with a diverse population to provide general program information, assistance, and answers to questions about appropriate programs.
- Responds to calls, web chats and emails courteously, accurately, and concisely.
- Reports any issues of concern and/or problems to the Customer Service Supervisor.
- Follows policies and procedures without deviation.
- Meets or exceeds production and quality standards set for position.
- Occasional weekend and evening hours may be required.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by management.