A driver recruiter is responsible for recruiting drivers for corporate as well as industrial vehicles.
- include communicating with employers,
- knowing about their recruitment needs,
- visiting job sites to find out about openings for drivers and also applicants,
- maintaining a database of employers and candidates,
- making telephone calls to both employers and applicants,
- using contacts in the automobile and engineering sectors to identify recruitment opportunities,
- contacting prospects, providing them with assistance in various stages of recruitment,
- communicating interview schedules, negotiating salaries for drivers,
- negotiating commissions, following up for commissions,
- performing other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
A driver recruiter typically reports to a recruiting manager.
A driver recruiter should have a high school diploma or an associate's degree. Excellent coordination skills and ability to multi-task are important. Relevant experience as a driver recruiter may be helpful.