Title: Diesel Mechanic Position Reports To: Shop Foreman FLSA:NON-EXEMPT
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Assist in the maintenance and repair of our fleet of street sweepers and support equipment at our Facilities with the repair shop.
GENERAL FUNCTIONS AND SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
In this role, the Diesel Mechanic will perform truck repair and maintenance work in accordance with factory and industry standards, run diagnostics on vehicles and work closely with other team members to meet company goals.
1. Use all required PPE and work safely.
2. Perform preventative maintenance & major repairs of trucks & equipment.
3. Hydraulics, diesel engine, welding & cutting work as required for repair work.
4. Troubleshooting of electrical & hydraulic problems.
5. Maintain parts inventory and cleanliness in the shop per procedures
6. Collaborate with repair team to diagnose problems with vehicles and plan repairs
7. Perform regular diagnostic tests on trucks
8. Maintain accurate records of each repair performed on vehicles
9. All other duties assigned by management
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Must have a clean driving record with a CDL class "B" license including an air brake endorsement.
- Must have your own hand tools and 3-5+ year's diesel maintenance & mechanical experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Extensive use of hand tools. Moderate lifting - no greater than 40 lbs.; moderate reaching, pushing, pulling, gripping and grasping. No fine manipulation or fine manual dexterity required. Ability to stand for a full shift in addition to walking, climbing stairs and bending as required.
CDL, Tow motor (i.e. powered industrial truck) operation, Valid Driver’s License, as applicable.
$25.00-$30.00 per hour, based on experience, plus opportunity for prevailing wage work
Health, dental, vision & life insurance
Paid vacation & holidays, 401K with company match