PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE EXPERIENCE.
ISA Certified Arborist or qualified CUF - Consultant Utility Forester needed for work in Northern or Southern California to count and identify trees.
What you’ll do:
What you’ll need:
- Successfully contribute to all aspects of vegetation management planning and analysis.
- Utilize innovative technology and practices to help major electric utility providers deliver safe and reliable power.
- Inspect and assess vegetation in right-of-ways for compliance standards and construction work plans.
- Identify tree and brush control work and protection zone recommendations.
- Collect data and document work using hand-held computers; assess terrain, habitat, and environmental conditions, and support IVM projects.
- Coordinate with Project Managers, Planners, and Vegetation Crews to create customized solutions.
- Ability to work and hike in rugged terrain and inclement weather; ability to read and follow GIS data and maps; ability to work independently.
- Leadership experience and a desire for career growth will be given a priority.
- Demonstrated expertise in problem solving and technical innovation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Availability and desire to travel throughout the utility service area.
- Clean DMV driving record and ability to drive and operate a 4x4 vehicle.
- A Vehicle
- ISA Certified Arborist or Certified CUF
- Ability to identify local tree species & growth rates.
- Organizational skills; working knowledge of computers and programs, file creation, manipulation and sharing.
Please apply if interested for more info.
Pay - $DOE
Per diem - $NEGOTIABLE