Text the word BRJOBLIST to 94253 to be instantly alerted of new job openings.
WE ARE HIRING SANDBLASTERS / INDUSTRIAL PAINTERS IN THE BATON ROUGE AND SURROUNDING AREAS.
$16 - $25 regular time, $24 - $37.50 over time an hour based on assignment.
* Minimum age of 18.
* Proper PPE including: Steel toe shoes, Safety goggles, Hard Hat, Safety Vest, Gloves. ( We can provide if needed)
* Reliable Transportation for work.
* Willingness and ability to WORK LONG HOURS. 12 - 16 hour shifts 7 days a week.
* Willing to come to work EVERY DAY.
Operate spray painting and sandblasting equipment to apply protective coatings and paints to
fabricated structural steel material.
Performs some or all of the following:
1. Select the appropriate paint or mix paints according to a pre-determined formula.
2. Operate equipment to clean, wash, strip, and sand, remove corrosion, fill dents or otherwise prepare
fabricated steel items for application of paint and or other protective coatings.
3. Operate spray, dip or flow coating equipment or other painting or product coating equipment as
4. Paint small items and apply touch-ups.
5. Clean and maintain painting and coating, ventilation, compressed air and personal protective
Education: Some college/vocational or technical training.
Minimum of 5 years of experience in industrial sandblasting/painting experience.
1. Any Industrial Painting Certificate.
2. Experience with Blasting, Spray, and Brush Painting
3. Experience with mixing multi-part industrial coatings, including epoxy paint.
4. Experience with reading and recording the results of Atmospheric Conditions, Blast Profiles, and Wet and Dry Film Thickness.
Type of Paints or Coatings: Epoxy, Polyurethane, Zinc Rich Primer
Type of Materials or Product: General Structural Steel Product Surface
Preparation Methods: Sandblasting, Apply abrasive and chemical techniques
Application Method: Handheld Spray Guns, Blasting Guns, Brush Painting
Major Work Area: Fabrication, Assembly, Fitting
Specific Skills: Must know how to select appropriate paint or mix paints. Operate equipment to prepare
steel for application of protective coatings. Operate equipment to spray or coat.
Essential Skills: Must able to read sandblasting and coating specifications, Basic math, Writing and Oral
Communication, Working with others, Problem Solving, Critical Thinking, Job task planning and
organizing, Significant use of memory, Finding information and continuous learning.
WE WORK SAFE!
YOU MUST PASS A DRUG SCREENING.
2 must have 2 forms of ID.
PAID EVERY FRIDAY.
Apply online, or call 225-395-1555 and a Project Manager will contact you with details.