Electrical Technician -
We are looking for an experienced technician with experience in mechanical, electrical and electronics to undertake a variety of tasks. The technician will provide individual component testing to integrate each component into a complete system. Testing and assembly include mid to low voltage DC powered components. Knowledgeable and physically capable of complete assembly of an electrical system designed for DC energy storage and lighting. Able to identify faults and correct within failed systems. Able to identify and recommend solutions for failed component.
The ideal candidate must also be experienced in different kinds of electrical devices and systems. The goal will be to produce and maintain well-functioning electrical connections to minimize the probability of accidents and maximize usability of our product always.
- Provide technical support for installation and commissioning of projects, perform troubleshooting activities at on site locations to diagnose problems, determine appropriate resolution and implement corrective actions.
- Perform installation and commissioning activities at customer site locations as needed.
- Perform system installation, calibration, troubleshooting, and quality assurance.
- Evaluate engineering drawings, technical manuals, Preliminary Engineering Change Proposal (PECPs), Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) and other technical documentation.
- Test, adjust, and troubleshoot components, PCBs, sub-assemblies.
- Load, modify and update software. Use of schematics, blueprints and manuals for installation, maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Integration, hardware/software testing, maintenance, documentation, system troubleshooting and repair services.
- Assembling cable harnesses and assemblies.
- Assembly of all electrical, electronic, and mechanical parts/equipment using assembly drawings and schematic diagrams.
- Read schematics and engineer drawings.
- Test equipment. Use of standard electronic interfaces, such as USB, RS-232, RS-422 and Ethernet.
- Evaluate final product’s overall performance, reliability and safety.
- Install safety and distribution components (e.g. switches, resistors, etc.).
- Connect wiring in electrical circuits and networks ensuring compatibility of components.
- Prepare and assemble conduits and connect wiring through them.
- Prepare product reports and documentation.
- Proven working experience in enterprise as a technical engineer.
- Experience in industrial and/or commercial electrical systems.
- Demonstrable ability to use electrical and hand tools (e.g. wire strippers, voltmeter etc.) and electrical drawings and blueprints.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent client-facing skills.
- Creativity and analytical skills.
- Mathematical computing and analysis tools knowledge.
- Ability to communicate technical knowledge in a clear and understandable manner.
- Adequate knowledge of engineering analysis.
- Technical writing skills.
- Hands-on experience with computer-aided engineering (CAE), computer aided manufacturing (CAM) and computer aided design (CAD).
- Advanced MS Office skills.
- Familiarity with rules, regulations, best practices and performance standards.
- Ability to work with multiple discipline projects.
- Project management and supervision skills.
- Decision making ability and leadership skills.
- Time management and organization skills.
- College degree preferred, but not required.
- Ability to lift 50-150 lbs.
- Some travel required.
$18 hr - $20 hr.
Veterans Are Encouraged to Apply