Infrastructure Data Technician is responsible for maintaining all municipal data sets relating to infrastructure. The Infrastructure Data Technician will also be required to produce and edit mapping material for internal and external clients, perform minor statistical analysis on asset data, and collect field data when necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Data Sets: Research and maintain detailed corporate data sets (mapping and databases) using standard software (GIS and CADD) and procedures;
2. Provide Maps and Drawings: Prepares and edits map data and technical drawings using Computer Aided Drafting and Design (CADD) and Geographic Information Systems (GIS);
3. Data Review: Reviews and evaluates incoming data for currency, accuracy, usefulness, quality or completeness of documentation and metadata;
4. Support: Investigates, analyzes and responds to inquiries from the public, consultants, and internal staff;
5. Application of Best Practices: Applies best practice approaches to normalization or standardization of data;
6. Assistance: Assists with GIS related studies, projects and field data collection as required; assists with the organization and management of documentation and records associated with the Town’s various Quality Management Systems
7. Other Duties: Perform other duties as assigned.