hiring a Firmware Engineer to join our team in Covington, LA
This individual will have a BS or MS qualification, preferably in Electrical Engineering, Telecommunication, or Computer Engineering. Minimum 3-5 years experience at an engineering position. Wireless/Telecom industry preferred. Responsible for developing and integrating key components of the next generation of mobile satellite communications framework using satellites. Specific areas of responsibility surround the low level FW functionality of non-access stratum and application processor layers for delivering voice and data services over satellite.
Ability to multi-task is essential. Ability to effectively manage time and prioritize tasks is a must. This individual will have good organizational, analytical, and numerical skills. This individual will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. They must work with other technology department team members to ensure departmental deadlines are met and objectives are achieved.
Major Job duties are, but not limited to, the following:
- C/C++ and/or Java coding for embedded Linux on ARM processors to support user functionality of satellite communications devices
- Writing firmware for battery powered devices with a focus on efficient power consumption
- BS or MS qualification, preferably in Electrical Engineering, Telecommunication, or Computer Engineering
- Minimum 3-5 years experience at an engineering position in Telecom industry, preferably in a voice service related role – Wireless preferred
- Proficiency in Linux especially for embedded ARM environments
- Experience with writing or modifying peripheral drivers for SPI, I2C, UART, USB, etc
- Experience with inter-process communication using sockets, pipes is a plus
- Proficient in one configuration management tool (e.g., P4, GIT, CVS, ClearCase)
- Must have very strong analytical, diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Experience using a bug tracking system as part of the development process (e.g. JIRA, Bugzilla)
- Must be self-reliant, ability to multi-task in a aggressive schedule environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills