Job Description: Commissary Representative
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Assist in providing commissary operations and services to assigned Commissary location
Deliver individually packaged orders to inmates at specified correctional facilities with the supervision of a correctional officer in a timely and efficient manner including but not limited to:
- Collect inmate orders (per facility procedures).
- Process commissary orders through computerized commissary software program.
- Research and/or answer Offender requests and/or written complaints concerning commissary services.
- Unload and verify orders/product received at correctional facility from the USCS Distribution Center.
- Transport orders/product to assigned delivery area within the facility.
- Positively identify all Offenders receiving orders prior to delivering each order.
- Distribute the order to the Offender; permit the Offender to verify the order contents.
- Note any and all discrepancies with or damages to the order on all copies of the delivery receipt.
- Obtain signature of Offender receiving the order on delivery receipt (per facility procedures).
- Provide Offender with copy of delivery receipt.
- Retain a signed copy of the order receipt for record retention.
- Account for all delivery receipts from the delivery process.
- Account for all non-delivered commissary orders from the delivery process.
- Retain and dispose of all trash generated during the delivery process.
- This position reports to Vice President, of Commissary Solutions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be a self-starter who can work well with people in a correctional facility in a professional, upbeat manner.
- Ability to work in a correctional environment.
- Ability to work well with ever changing priorities and or situations.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Must qualify for correctional facility security clearance.
- Must pass drug screening test.
- Must pass background check.
- Familiarity with computers (including Microsoft Office programs) preferred.