****Stick and Mig Welders needed in Gentilly***** New Orleans****
Start tomorrow July 20, 2017
We need 2 Stick/Mig Welders with at least 3-5 years of welding experience. You will be tested before hire.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Attention to Detail: Welders need to make clean lines and cuts when welding. Paying attention to the job at hand is necessary.
- Dexterity: MIG welders work with their hands, and need to be steady during the welding process.
- Strength: MIG welders often need to lift or hold heavy pieces of metal in place while welding.
- Stamina: MIG welders can expect long hours on their feet, often in hot conditions.
- Technical Skills: Welding equipment requires technical knowhow, as does reading blueprints and understanding how the final product should look.
- Troubleshooting Skills: Welders should see flaws in welds or structural imperfections in the metal.
- Good Vision: Keeping a steady eye on the weld as it takes form requires good vision.
- Ability to speak and read English
- Must pass a Drug test.
WHAT ARE THE EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS?
Skills can be learned at a vocational school, community college or private school. Some jobs may hire unskilled people and train them on the job. Those taking classes must understand how to read blueprints, basic math, metallurgy and a basic understanding of electricity.
Many companies prefer MIG welders to be certified. Certification can be obtained through the American Welding Society.
ONLY qualified candidates with Stick/Mig welding experience will be contacted. Submit resume or fax to 504-335-1005.