Construction Inspector Needed immediately
Minimum Entrance Requirements
Graduation from high school or equivalent plus 7 year’s experience in the construction of major institutional facilities
(schools, hospitals, courthouses, municipal buildings, etc.)
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of institutional construction and applicable construction principles and practices.
- Thorough knowledge of industry standards and construction quality control processes.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with contractors, consultants and user agencies.
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans and specifications.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Thorough knowledge of building codes and regulations.
- (Civil) - Thorough knowledge of earthwork, rock removal methods, soils and rock testing,
- (Structural) concrete, concrete forming and reinforcing steel placement, concrete testing, steel fabrication and erection practices, steel and welding inspection practices and requirements.
- (Architectural) - Thorough knowledge of interior drywall systems - framing, hanging and finishing, curtain wall, window, door and hardware installation, acoustical ceilings, finishes (including painting, carpeting, vinyl flooring), installation of mill work, and cabinetry.
Examples of Work
- Conducts on-site reviews and inspections to determine completeness and acceptable quality of construction and contract compliance. Documents results of inspections in reports.
- Identifies and documents all non-conforming work and reviews re-work when necessary.
- Reviews daily reports to identify problems and conflicts.
- Reviews plans and specifications prior to construction and prior to making inspections to identify problem areas or conflicts that could arise during construction and to become familiar with the required work.
- Familiar with quality control processes and requirements.
- Observes testing performed on sites and reviews written test results performed by off-site testing agency laboratories. Maintains progress reports on all assigned projects.
- Participates in preconstruction conferences; attends weekly and other scheduled contractor progress meetings and prepares status reports for project files
- Attends semi-final and final inspections.
- Develops punch-lists of uncompleted work items.
- Reviews all as-built drawings, warranties and guarantees submitted at the completion of the project to ensure conformance with contract requirements.